Thursday, April 26, 2012

HP Pavilion DV7 Review- It's Not Good



All I wanted was a basic functional laptop. I wasn't looking for anything fancy. After lots of research, I chose the HP Pavilion DV7. I had an HP before and I liked it. It was better than the Dells I've had that have gone through power cords and mother boards and hard drives. For the money, it looked like a good deal. It also has a 17" screen, which I figured would be good because I spend a lot of time at the computer (probably 10 hours a day) and I can use as much assistance as I can get with making the display readable. I've had the laptop for about a month, maybe two. 


Two keys have fallen off the keyboard. I hesitate to call customer service. As I recall from my last HP, they require you to send the laptop in for service. I may as well save my time and just buy a keyboard because that is never going to happen. There is an odd thing that happens with the mouse or the keystrokes. It is either a combination of keystrokes or a super-sensitivity of the mouse, but at times the cursor flies up to a section of my document while I'm typing and will highlight a section and delete it, or insert the text that I'm typing at the point where it's landed. It can be a big productivity waster, because I find I spend unnecessary time tracking down and correcting errant cursor flitting about in my documents.

No comments:

Post a Comment