Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blackberry P 9981 - $2k for a Phone? Not Happening


Blackberry announced a new phone designed by Porche- the P 9981. Meh. Same keyboard design. Chromey and a bit thinner than my bold. New apps? Can it do all the stuff a Droid or an iPhone can? Does it have the new Microsoft OS? No.

But it has augmented reality abilities and a touch screen. And RIM says it can browse the web faster. All for a mere $2,000.

Did I say $2,000 for a Blackberry? Yes. And how many people are going to buy it? Four, maybe five people so they can keep them in the original box and try to sell them twenty years from now for millions because they'll be 'rare.'

I try not to let myself waste too much time speculating about things like this, but I wonder what the meetings were like that led to the pricing decision on a 2 thousand dollar cell phone. I might pay two thousand dollars for a phone if I could call the spirit world (and someone would answer) or God, maybe for a five minute conversation with the president or Dali Lama. But for a Blackberry? Seriously. I would LOVE to meet the people responsible for the pricing decision and learn from how that lapse of collective reasoning was made.

2 comments:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and share to us and other.

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, darheart! This is my favorite way to avoid actually working :)

      Delete